Delegation is a process of handover, responsible, authority to others (usually from manager to subordinate). Delegation is intended as a learning process, personality development, and responsibilities of employees who received the task of leadership. Terms delegation is competent employees to receive the delegation.
Delegation is the same profit profit (win-win) When done right, but that does not mean you can delegate any. To determine when the most appropriate delegation, there is 5 questions you need to ask yourself :
- Are others having (or can be) information or expertise needed to complete the job? The point is this task that can be done others, or whether important you do it yourself?
- Is the task of giving an opportunity to grow and develop one's expertise?
- Whether the task will recur, in the same form, in the future?
- Do you have enough time to delegate effectively? Time should be available for adequate training, for questions and answers, to check on progress, and to rework if it is needed.
- Whether the task should be delegated? An important task for long-term success that really need your attention. For example, recruiting the right people for your team.
If most of the answer is “Yes”, then it is feasible to do.
To Whom Delegated?
There are several factors to consider when looking for candidates, including :
- Experience, knowledge, and membership candidates.
- Knowledge, expertise, and attitude as what the candidates have?
- Do you have the time and energy to provide the necessary training?
- Work style as what the candidates have?
- How the candidate mandirikah?
- What does he want from her job?
- What are the long-term goals and interests and how these align with the proposed work?
- The current candidate workload.
- Does the candidate have the time to work more?
- Do you delegate these tasks need to overhaul the responsibilities and workload of the other?
Start by determining the results you want to people you trust to do it. Set control, identification of job restrictions and give adequate support, but try not delegated to superiors. Permanent up to date with progress, and a focus on results rather than procedures. last, when the work is completed, give proper recognition.
How Should You Delegate?
Use the following principles in order to delegate successfully :
- Articulate the desired outcome clearly.
- Begin with the end result and specific desired outcomes clearly.
- Where the lines of authority, responsible, and accountability? Should candidates :
- Waiting to be told what to do?
- Ask what to do?
- Recommend what to do, then act?
- act, then promptly report the results?
- Starting work and report regularly?
- If possible, involve people in the process of delegation. Empowering them to decide what tasks should be delegated to them and when.
- Match the amount of responsibility with a number of authorities. Understand that you can delegate some responsibility, but you can not delegate the highest accountability. It's about finance is to be your responsibility.
- Delegate to the lowest level. The people closest to the work most appropriate to the task, because they have the most in-depth knowledge about the details of daily work. It also increases efficiency in the workplace, and helped develop the.
- Provide adequate support, and willing to answer questions. Ensuring the success of the project through communication and ongoing monitoring as well as supply and credit.
- Focus on results. Konsenkan yourself against what has been achieved, rather than detailing how to do it. Your way does not mean that the only way and the best. Let the candidate set of methods and the process itself. It will support the success and confidence.
- Avoid “delegate to the top”. If there is a problem, do not allow candidates to transfer responsibility that task to you, asked the suggested solutions, Do not just give answers.
- Build motivation and commitment. Discuss how success will affect the financial award, future opportunities, official recognition, and other desirable consequences. Give the appropriate pengakuang.
- Establish and maintain control.
- Discuss schedules and deadlines.
- Agree with the examination schedule in which you will be reviewing the progress of work.
- Make any necessary adjustments.
- Take the time to review all submitted work.
After you do the things above, Tell them to your team. Take the time to explain why he was chosen for the task, expectation of him desirable during the process of delegation, goals that must be achieved, all schedules and deadlines and resources they can pull. Too, agree to check the time has come in which progress. last, make sure the team members know that you want to find out if there is a problem, and you are willing to answer or give guidance as necessary for job success.
We know as a Manager, we should not do micromanage. however, it does not mean we should let control at all. In the effective delegation, we must find a balance that is sometimes difficult between giving enough space to the people so that they use their skills in order to get the best effect, while still monitoring and support close enough to ensure the work has been carried out correctly and effectively.
The full importance of Acceptance
When work is delegated back to you, take a moment to review the whole. If possible, only receive a good quality, complete work. If you accept it is not satisfied, means he not learn to do the job properly. If worse than this, then you have to repeat the finish. It is not just burden you, You also will not have much time to finish.
But if you work with a good result back to you, You ought to recognize and reward the top. As a leader, You have to practice commend your team members whenever you are impressed with what they have done. Your efforts will greatly help build confidence and efficiency of the team members.